So today was the first day of a new class, with a new teacher...
Marketing Management...the subject seems interesting enough. I just hope I survive the teacher.
There is no other word for him but "clown". A spiritualist guru who breaks his own tenets of self discipline, a sentence after expounding on them. He cracks poor poor jokes, snaps his fingers and claps hands suddenly at an ear splitting pitch and moves almost like a whirling dervish...
I gave him a blank stare at a number of his jokes and I think he caught on to the bluntness of them.
Not sure I have made a positive first impression but he WILL respect me by the end of this charade, even if he doesn't like me...
I just hope my tongue survives through all the bitten back retorts that I will need to dam up behind my teeth...
Oh dear lord...
In other news, school was fun...
Played more frisbee. Finalised two more class teams. I've been getting evangelical about Ultimate and have been telling kids that if they want to popularise it, they should start carrying around frisbees, make friends from other schools curious and carry on from there. The potential is immune.
For those of you who might be interested or wondering what the hell I'm talking about... Click!
Let's see if I can pull some strings and send invitations to give demos for the sport.
Might even have an inter school tournament next year...
My legacy to SPM! (Hah...need to come back down to Earth)
The evening was good. Nice meal at Oasis...my aunt celebrated her 60th birthday and another aunt was treating us to dinner. So yay. Good food, good company...good time.
Coming back from dinner gave me my point to ponder for today:
This strikes me mostly at night when few vehicles are around, meandering through the not so busy streets.
I think this really contrasts with day time driving where you're so focused on getting somewhere or not getting killed that you can't think much...
Come night time, the darkness and the streetlights, punctuated by car lights really makes me think how funny humans are!
When all other sensible critters of Good Earth go to sleep, we're still wandering about with our artificial lights and extended day/life ...
Was it meant to be like this? Artificial extension of our lives?
If yes...how did people survive for so long without all these conveniences?
If no...why did we progress to this level in the first place?
There are a few morbid undertones to this but I don't think I will elaborate on those at this time...
My dil goes hmm is running on the player and well, my mind goes hmm, wondering about these things.
Oh well...
How was today special?
It was my aunt's birthday!!
How was today meaningful?
I came to realise a few more characteristics of a successful and well adjusted teacher...through their absence in the clown. Might have a rant on this later...
How was today rewarding?
I realised that there are more awful characters than ME in this world. I hardly thought someone could be more seriously pretentious...
What made me unhappy today?
The whirling of the dervish and his claps and snaps. I am going to go deaf if I sit on the first bench too much.
But if I move, I won't be able to be deadpan with him. :-(
What amused me today?
Myself! I seem to have struck quite a vein of humour up at Oasis...English is so great when you want to play around intentionally with sounds and spellings!
As pompous as this was, it still rings true what Rowena Ravenclaw said: "Wit beyond measure is the world's greatest treasure" and it would seem that unlike Harry Potter, I'm not so skint...! :-D
Marketing Management...the subject seems interesting enough. I just hope I survive the teacher.
There is no other word for him but "clown". A spiritualist guru who breaks his own tenets of self discipline, a sentence after expounding on them. He cracks poor poor jokes, snaps his fingers and claps hands suddenly at an ear splitting pitch and moves almost like a whirling dervish...
I gave him a blank stare at a number of his jokes and I think he caught on to the bluntness of them.
Not sure I have made a positive first impression but he WILL respect me by the end of this charade, even if he doesn't like me...
I just hope my tongue survives through all the bitten back retorts that I will need to dam up behind my teeth...
Oh dear lord...
In other news, school was fun...
Played more frisbee. Finalised two more class teams. I've been getting evangelical about Ultimate and have been telling kids that if they want to popularise it, they should start carrying around frisbees, make friends from other schools curious and carry on from there. The potential is immune.
For those of you who might be interested or wondering what the hell I'm talking about... Click!
Let's see if I can pull some strings and send invitations to give demos for the sport.
Might even have an inter school tournament next year...
My legacy to SPM! (Hah...need to come back down to Earth)
The evening was good. Nice meal at Oasis...my aunt celebrated her 60th birthday and another aunt was treating us to dinner. So yay. Good food, good company...good time.
Coming back from dinner gave me my point to ponder for today:
This strikes me mostly at night when few vehicles are around, meandering through the not so busy streets.
I think this really contrasts with day time driving where you're so focused on getting somewhere or not getting killed that you can't think much...
Come night time, the darkness and the streetlights, punctuated by car lights really makes me think how funny humans are!
When all other sensible critters of Good Earth go to sleep, we're still wandering about with our artificial lights and extended day/life ...
Was it meant to be like this? Artificial extension of our lives?
If yes...how did people survive for so long without all these conveniences?
If no...why did we progress to this level in the first place?
There are a few morbid undertones to this but I don't think I will elaborate on those at this time...
My dil goes hmm is running on the player and well, my mind goes hmm, wondering about these things.
Oh well...
How was today special?
It was my aunt's birthday!!
How was today meaningful?
I came to realise a few more characteristics of a successful and well adjusted teacher...through their absence in the clown. Might have a rant on this later...
How was today rewarding?
I realised that there are more awful characters than ME in this world. I hardly thought someone could be more seriously pretentious...
What made me unhappy today?
The whirling of the dervish and his claps and snaps. I am going to go deaf if I sit on the first bench too much.
But if I move, I won't be able to be deadpan with him. :-(
What amused me today?
Myself! I seem to have struck quite a vein of humour up at Oasis...English is so great when you want to play around intentionally with sounds and spellings!
As pompous as this was, it still rings true what Rowena Ravenclaw said: "Wit beyond measure is the world's greatest treasure" and it would seem that unlike Harry Potter, I'm not so skint...! :-D
Powered by ScribeFire.
0 comments:
Post a Comment